Called to Serve in the Philippines Quezon City Mission
Speaking the Tagalog language
January 2013 to July 2014

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

He was prepared to hear the gospel and I'm glad we were able to find him that day.

 Magandang Araw and aking Pamilya!:)

  haha we took Jenny to lunch after her employment workshop one day.  We took a few silly pictures.  isn't she a doll??





just me...

Walking home in the rain.

More Rain

Jenny and Sister Ika. I love these two girls.
 

 

First off, Andelyn congrats on being oh so close to finishing Personal Progress that is awesome! You will feel so good after and you'll always remember it and you will be proud of yourself for completing it, So proud of you!  Amelia...I'm working on sending more Filipino hair bands..it's been busy lately so I haven't had much time and I'm trying to figure out a way to get a bunch to you through a small package so just be patient and I will try my best.  Also I got Andelyn's letter and the postcard  from Hollywood last week, thank you so much for that, it was thoughtful and definitely made my day.  Mom your trip to grandma's cabin sounded fun and I'm glad you could work on some family history with her.  I can't wait to come home and get working on Family history. 
This week has been great! The other part of our ward, in the other sisters area had a baptism on Saturday.  The baptism of Brother Madz.  It was such a special day, and the spirit was strong at his service.  Me, Sister Doucette and Sister Medina my last transfer trio comps actually found him 3 months ago.  We went out tracking one day and knocked on a few doors, we were walking down his street and felt prompted to knock on his door so we did and we got no answer, then we were actually knocking on his next door neighbors house when he walked up and we started talking to him and asked if he would like to listen to our message about the restored gospel and he said yes:) We only had time to teach him 2 lessons and than the area got split so I haven't been his missionary since, but for the past 3 months I've seen him every week at church and we've become good friends.  I spoke at his baptismal service  about Faith and talked about the day that we found him.  He was crying through the whole service, I think he could feel the spirit very strong.  Every time I looked at him while giving my talk I started to cry.   He was  prepared to hear the gospel and I'm glad we were able to find him that day and that he continued to accept the gospel from the other missionaries.
Jenny is officially getting baptized this Saturday the 14th! :) yayyyy:) It's gonna be a great day and she is so excited! In the morning we have temple tour so we are taking her to the temple with us along with some of her less-active family members and than in the evening at 3 she will be baptized and then on Sunday confirmed and given the Holy Ghost.  Can't wait:) thank you for all the prayers in her behalf my sweet family.  I told her that my family has been praying for her too and she smiled and said how nice that was.
We've still been busy visiting less-active families and it's been hard but a real great joy.  Most of them have non- member family or friends who also live with them and we have started to teach them as well.  So we've just been really blessed:)
 Me and Sister Ika just continue to get along great, and I'm sad we only have a few more weeks left together.  She's been a great companion, she's always willing to work hard and serve.  Sometimes I'll come up stairs from eating breakfast and my bed will be made.. just little things like that she always does and I  really appreciate her.  We've had some great experiences together here, and I'll never, ever forget her or this area. 
 
Family, I love you guys and I pray for you everyday.  It was great also to hear about the things that President Anderson spoke to you about.  wish I had been there to hear an apostle too, I am look forward to General Conference coming up here in a month eeekk soo excited! anywho...mahal na mahal ko kayo lahat, ingat! muah!
nagmamahal- Sister Jones!
p.s.
enjoy the pics:) some of them are from the rain we walked home in, they turned out kind of fun:)



No comments:

Post a Comment