Called to Serve in the Philippines Quezon City Mission
Speaking the Tagalog language
January 2013 to July 2014

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Hi family:)
 
Dad thank you for all the videos of Andelyn dancing at the game and of Ruby.  I loved them! Andelyn your dance looks great and it looks like you are a really talented team.  How fun for you! and what great news about Jades baptism is this weekend! Tell her congratulations for me please, that's so special that you all have been such a big part of her conversion process.  You will always be in her memories of the day she was baptized and that is something really special, way to go Fam! Can't wait to see all the pictures from her baptism.  
 
Well...Family it finally happened! Jennie was baptized! It was a great service, not many people were there but the spirit was present and it was strong.  She was so excited.  Both of the speakers didn't show up so we had to improvise and it all worked out, and Sister Ika and I sang a duet for it as well.  Her 3 nieces came with her for the service and a few members were there as well, even the missionary couple that has been helping her in the career center came, they are such nice people and they just love Jennie.  Brother Madz was even there to give his support.  Jennie also bore her testimony at the end, and it was so sweet.  She was also confirmed and given the gift of the Holy Ghost yesterday during sacrament meeting. She cried through the blessing and continued to cry through the sacrament, I think she could feel the spirit really strong.  Getting the holy ghost is something she's been really looking forward to for a while.  I'm just so happy for her, I think that I was sent to this area for her.  I look forward to keeping in touch and seeing how she progresses in the gospel.  
This is Jenny and John Tago-on he is a recent convert.  He was baptized last December and this was his first time baptizing someone.  It was a great opportunity for him:) 
 
This has been a pretty interesting week for us I must say.  We had a pretty cool experience the other day.  We left the house on Wednesday morning and were walking to our area when we ran into one of the Nanays from the ward Sister Bonrostro.  She told us she was free for the day and would like to work with us,  of course we said sure and we went to our area.  S. Bonrostro is a hoot let me tell you, she's been a convert for 3 years and has a great strong testimony she was awesome to work with.  At one point during the day we walked by a big group of women, and normally as missionaries we try to find families to teach and teach people in there homes so it's more quiet and refrain from teaching big groups of people cause it's hard to get to know people that way and discern their needs.  But as we were passing by to go to an appointment we turn around and find that S. Bonrostro had stopped and was talking to this group of women so we turned back and started talking to them as well.  They agreed to hear our message and so Sister Ika and I sat on this little wooden bench in the middle of the squatters area and taught literally a small multitude of people haha at first it started out around 10 people and than within a few minutes grew to about 30.  Not gonna lie I was so nervous! But I know the lord was with us and gave us courage.  We taught all about God's plan for us and how he restored his gospel to the earth through the prophet Joseph Smith.  We than handed out pamphlets and scheduled return appointments.  It was pretty awesome! Hopefully some of them will really be interested and we can teach the rest of their families.  
A few days later we were teaching a lesson at Jennies' brother in laws house and these two women start screaming at each other right outside the door where we were teaching.  I thought I was going to see a murder take place, I have NEVER heard two people fight like that before, it was terrifying.  I just felt the spirit leave immediately and I just felt so dark inside.  I just closed my eyes and started singing a hymn to make the feeling go away.  It just scares me to know that Satan has such great power to make people get so angry at each other like that :( 
 
I also had some crazy dreams this week haha      
basically you all came to the Philippines to visit me on my mission and we were all riding around in Jeepneys around the city.  and than I kept begging you guys to let Andelyn come out for the day and work with us so that we could get more member present lessons.  haha I have no idea but it was just funny.  
All 4 of us sang in church on Sunday and everyone loved it! the whole ward was telling us how good we had done and how we need to take it on the road haha I tell ya the way to get to a Filipinos heart is just sing to them..they love it! 
I got to see S. Wilson twice this week and I'll see her again in 2 days. One of the times we got to sit and chat for a little bit which was so nice:) 
 
Reminder: Next week is Transfers so I'll be emailing on Tuesday.  this transfer went by so fast! I'm pretty nervous, I have a feeling I am leaving and Ika will stay and lead the area, but who the heck knows.  I just know whatever happens will be the best.  I am excited though to see what happens.  I'll fill you in next week:) 
 
Today is also my 8th month in the mission!  ahh one more month and I'm already half way through. That's not much time left:(  Grabe.. it really does go by so fast, I'll be coming home before we know it.. Sometimes I daydream about that day..haha I just miss you all sometimes.  
Sobrang Nagpapasalamat po ako sa lahat ng mga bagay na ginagawa nyo para sa akin.  Mahal na Mahal na Mahal ko kayo:)  Enjoy all the pictures I sent this week haha your welcome mom! ingat hah!
 
 
Crazy traffic. This is what it looks like when it rains which is all the time. It can take us hours to get home sometimes.

 
Sister Ika, Me, Jenny and her cousins.
 
 

This is how we drink soda here in the Philippines. A straw and a plastic baggy. Weird huh?



 



No comments:

Post a Comment