Called to Serve in the Philippines Quezon City Mission
Speaking the Tagalog language
January 2013 to July 2014

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

I don't know why I was so scared

 Hello Fam!

 This is Amy on her wedding day. Isn't she beautiful.


My two roommates and Sister Ika and Me.
 
Umm yeah.
 
Sister Ika is crazy fun.


So good to hear about all your fun adventures with Andelyn starting Pom rehearsals, Amelia enjoying break from dance a little and hanging out with friends, and Dad painting away all weekend.  Sounds great:) What a great experience also for you mom to have so many opportunities to teach on Sundays at church, I've really grown to love teaching here, I hope to get a lot of callings in the future that give me chances to teach as well.  HAHA Mom! your comment about the AC going out at grandmas while you were there made me laugh, cause that is EXACTLY how it is here.  The second we walk through the door we turn all the fans on but it's still so hot.  I've really become more used to it though..now, it's just a part of life  ha.... poor sister Streble (sister medinas trainee) has been having a hard time with it, I keep trying to tell her that it will get better, I don't think she believes me yet.  
 
This week has been awesome, I love my companion Sister Ika, we get along so great and have just been having fun with each other.  We've been talking to people on the streets finding new investigators, visiting less-actives, bringing investigators to ward activities.  This week has been busy but I've really enjoyed it.  Training her has been a joy and I don't know why I was so scared about training someone, it's actually quite fun and I've been learning even more myself to help me be a better missionary. It's been an adventure leading this area and I've gotten to know it really well.  We have to ride a lot of tricycles and jeepneys around (cause our area is far) and it's easy to get lost but we just make our way around and get work done:)
So update on Brother Al.. he received the Aaronic priesthood last Sunday and yesterday (with permission from President of course) we attended their marriage ceremony and their reception last night.  It was a blast and I'm really grateful to President that he let us go and support them because they have been begging us to come for weeks now.  We met his family who are nonmembers and Sister Ika and I sat at a table with all his coworkers and we talked to them about our purpose as missionaries and all about what we do everyday.  So it was a great missionary opportunity. Hopefully Brother Al will be able to answer more questions that they have later on and will introduce them to the missionaries, that would be way cool! 
 
So today is my 6th months mark in the mission :) soo crazy..I can't believe that I only have a year left..Not that I like counting or anything cause I really don't but I like noticing marks in my mission cause I look back and reflect on all the things that have happened and all the things I've learned.  All the things I've learned in the past 6 months I know I couldn't have learned them anywhere else but here.  And I can look at the time I have left and think about the things I want to improve on and things I want to accomplish through out the rest of my mission.  I still have a while left and I'm grateful for that, I look for ward to it :)
 
Thank You family for giving me so much support every week, I love you and miss you and everyday I pray for you.  Be safe and continue to share the gospel with those who you care about.  Love you guys:) Ingat!
 
Love, Sister Jones

P.S. sorry this email is way late, we had temple day this morning and we didn't know until yesterday haha long story.  So yep sorry I couldn't give you a warning that today was P-day and not yesterday. but I love you :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment