Called to Serve in the Philippines Quezon City Mission
Speaking the Tagalog language
January 2013 to July 2014

Monday, July 22, 2013

This culture is going to be a part of me for the rest of my life. I love it:)

Kumusta Family:) 

The view from our front door. We share this area with our roommates.


                                          Ammah on her P Day
 
 This is part of my area...And if you follow the road a mile or so you run into the jungle...which is part of my area as well.
 
 
 This picture is for Andelyn...Look, my bangs are as long as the rest of my hair and you said I could never do it.
 
 
             There are huge Filipino Eagles right above my head.

My roommates and comp
More of my area
 
Sounds like a lot of great things are coming up for you guys, when are you  going to Cali?? haha thats the first I've heard of it but thats awesome and I hope you have a blast especially in that  new car of yours ;) how fun! I'll get to see it one day and you can take me on a fun car trip in it. 
 
The Youth Conference event in Safford sounds like a great experience I so wish the girls could go.  But I hope the young women that are going will get something out of it and it and will get them excited to serve missions. Hope you have fun Mom.
 
This week has been okay, Sister Ika was sick for a few days so we were unable to work for a bit.   She's feeling better now though so we can catch up on our work this week.  She's still adjusting to being here and to the food, I remember those days haha so glad that I'm past it all.  The Philippines has really become my home, I  feel comfortable here and I'm really enjoying it most of the time.  It's still hard though (siempre) it's a totally different world but I've adapted to it and this culture is going to be a part of me for the rest of my life.  I love it:)  
 
We have been having a hard time lately with the people we are working with, our area is farthest from the chapel and it's a bit of a travel.  It takes  over an hour to walk to some of our areas so that's why we use jeepneys and tricycles often.  The problem is, our investigators cant afford to come to church on Sundays, same with our less-actives.  We can hardly get anyone to come to church and its because of money.  For one person it's takes up to 32 pesos for a round trip and that can pay for a kilo of rice.  Most of them have kids as well and that makes it impossible.  We are working with the Bishop at the moment to see what can be done for them.  But for now we just continue to visit them and let them know that we are there for them.  It's just hard..and it's been on my mind a lot lately. I emailed President today to ask for advice so maybe we can find a way to get them to church. Please keep this in mind when you are praying for me here.
 
We don't have many progressing investigators right now but we've been continuing to find and teach.  We have a ward missionary in our ward who knows our area really well and he's been coming with us often to help us find less actives in our area.  He has been a great help and he adds such a great testimony to our lessons and has been helping us get to know the people.  He has been a huge blessing to us, and just a week ago I found out that he and his family had been less-actives themselves up until a year ago.  And missionaries kept coming by to visit them and eventually they started coming back again.  I am so grateful that they visited him because he's been so willing to work with us and we have been able to find more people to teach.  
 
Not much else to tell about family, just know that I'm safe and still working hard here. 
Family I love you and please be safe in all your travels this coming week, I will be praying for each of you, have fun in Cali. and in the new car.  Be safe.. Please..
Love you all!

Love, Sister Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment