Called to Serve in the Philippines Quezon City Mission
Speaking the Tagalog language
January 2013 to July 2014

Friday, November 15, 2013

I'm perfectly fine here and everything is okay!

 Hello Everyone!

First off just wanted to address the news about the Typhoon.  I'm perfectly fine here and everything is okay! We were asked to go home early on Friday night that's all cause of the heavy wind and rain.  But over the past few days it's been clear sky's and stinkin hot I've actually been getting sunburned haha.   We actually didn't know a whole lot about what was going on, I knew a typhoon was coming but that's the 20th time I've heard that throughout my mission so I didn't think much about it.  I pray and hope that they find all the missionaries in the Tacloban mission, and that the families that have lost loved ones will be comforted.  I can't believe how bad it was and how many people were killed.... these are my people...i love them so much...and my heart just hurts right now... I'm grateful that our mission was kept safe though, and I feel blessed to be safe in this mission.  It seems like the typhoons always just barely miss us.

Well I'm now in my new area with my new companion and it's just been a great week.  I love Sister Dickison so much, we are so alike! She also grew up dancing in a studio since she was young, she loves to read, we like the same music etc...seriously a match made in heaven:)  She is a really great missionary, and was kind of held back by her trainer and wasn't taught a lot of things that she should have.  I'm a little ticked at her trainer actually, that's all I'll say about that though.  The trust of the ward and bishop was lost so that's something that we want to work on this transfer is gaining back their trust and showing them our desire to work really hard.  We don't have a lot of investigators, none with baptismal dates, so we will be doing a lot of finding new people to teach.  We've already found some potentials just in the last few days.  We work so good together!! I have felt the spirit so strongly in every lesson we've taught together.  We teach in such great unity, and Sister Dickison just loves these people so much.  We've gotten compliments on our teaching from people we teach haha sweet! Seriously this is going to be an awesome transfer, great area, great companion, great ward, no squatters, all middle class.....ahhhh man I'm so happy right now haha. Life is good! Their are a lot of less-actives in this ward too, we visited 9 of them just in the past 3 days and 8 of them came to church yesterday! Sister Dickison was so surprised she said some of them haven't been in so long.  We've been sharing a lot about Temples and Family history with them.  You can just see it in their faces that they want to be sealed in the temple so badly and I think it just sparked something inside them to come to church and work on being active so that they can get temple recommends and go to the Temple with their families:)  I'm so excited for the work here, we are gonna be  busy which is perfect!   I love this work so much, I enjoy very much being a missionary and teaching....oh man...I just love teaching.  I continue to learn so much everyday.  I am so grateful that I am here, and that I've had this opportunity to share the gospel.  I am so happy:) 

Again mom, sorry a bout the lack of communication during the typhoon, just know that i'm perfectly safe and doing great, still working hard.  I love you guys and stay safe this week:) muah! 

love, SIster Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment