Called to Serve in the Philippines Quezon City Mission
Speaking the Tagalog language
January 2013 to July 2014

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

air conditioning! say whaa? haha yah it was awesome


Magandang Araw sa inyo lahat! :)

I hope your week went well my sweet family,  I have thought about you all often through out the week and I am just so grateful that Heavenly Father blessed me with such a great family.  Over the past 2 weeks we have taught a lot about God's plan for our families, and how families are part of his great plan for us.  Last night I shared with one of Our less-active families about how I'm so grateful for the spirit that was in our home while I was growing up and how I am here serving a mission because of the things I learned from my family.  I just want you to know that you are always in my prayers and I pray that you can feel my love thousands of miles away every day! I'm grateful that because we were sealed in the temple we will be an eternal family.  I love being here and helping other families understand that they have that possibly as well.  Many of the Less-actives we have been visiting with are preparing for family sealing's and it warms my heart to see them have such a great desire to be together for forever. 

I keep hearing more things about the typhoon that hit Tacloban last week I've spoken with sister Sabiano about her family, and from what I've heard her home town wasn't hit too hard but her older brother (the only other member of the church in her family) was in the city when the typhoon hit and everything in the city got wiped out.  She still hasn't heard from him or the rest of her family, but she was able to check her facebook, and go to the Mtc to talk to missionaries that were evacuated from Tacloban and get more information.  I pray that her brother is okay....I know that they were really close.  I don't know what I would do if I didn't know that you were all okay and safe.  Please keep her and her brother in your prayers this week. 
* I heard from Sister Sabiano by email this week and Ammah is right, she and her family need your prayers. She has tried several different ways to find out about the fate of her family but she has no information at all. She is trying VERY hard to be a "good missionary" and not let her feelings and thoughts about her family get in the way of her calling as a missionary. She is a very humble servant of the Lord and wants only to please him in thought and deed. She feels guilty for thinking and worrying to much about her family and is trying to put on a happy face and serve. Please, keep her in your prayers. Her family name has been added to the prayer roll*

Well, I've said it before and I'll say it again I love my companion! We have been working hard since we have been together and the lord is blessing us for our work and obedience.  We found 9 new investigators this week! All the times in our schedule where we don't have appointments we just pray about a place to go finding till our next appointment and just start walking around saying hi to everyone haha it's fun! We get a lot of attention because we are Americans, so we use it to our advantage.  People always smile and wave to us and than we just walk up and start chatting with them and invite them to listen to our message.  We attracted the attention of some Bakla's (men who dress,talk, & act like women) the other day,(Ammah says there a LOT of these type of people there in the Philippines) and let me tell you it was quite entertaining.  According to them I look like Adele and Sister Dickison is Avril Lavigne haha! They were selling laundry detergent, it was actually a pretty great deal and they were absolutely hilarious so we bought the detergent and they were so excited haha it made our day.  One of the new investigators we found this week is Sister Puri and she is a doll! she is 65 years old and just one day she came up walking beside us and asked us if we were Mormons.  We continued to converse with her and she agreed to let us share with her our message about the restored gospel so we followed her to her house and turns out she lives in a huge house with...wait for it....air conditioning! say whaa? haha yah it was awesome, but than we end up freezing each time we teach her and de-thaw as we walk away from her house haha. She actually reminds me of Grandma Thalman, I feel at home when we go to visit her.  She was taught a lesson by Elders 30 years ago and never forgot it, and she always tells us how excited she is that we come and teach her.  She's Golden!! and a plus she feeds us Peanut Butter Sandwiches yum:)))  It's funny how people are just put into our path, and I'm so grateful that we have been learning to follow promptings of the spirit and know who to talk to.  We also have two baptismal dates for December, they are children of a less-active family in the ward and they are excited to be baptized.  The rest of the family has also been coming to church as well which is great!  Sister Dickison keeps saying how much the work has progressed here just in the last two weeks that we have been together.  I know the lord put us together for a reason and I pray that we get to stay together for Christmas! fingers crossed! 

Just 5 more weeks till I get to chat with you on Skype!! yes I am counting down the weeks haha cant wait! Namiss ko kayo lahat sobra! I hope you have a great week this week.  Always rely on the spirit in everything you do, and I always pray that you have opportunities to share the gospel.  Don't let a great opportunity to share your testimony of the Restored Gospel go by! Mahal ko kayo!! hugs! 

Love, Sister Jones 

p.s. sorry no pics again this week, my memory card is all messed up now since it got wiped from that picture place.  I'll try to get it fixed some time.   Just find pics on Sister Dickisons blog from this week they are pretty much the same things I took pics of haha! love u!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting Sister Jones' letters! We are so grateful for her---for the wonderful person and missionary she is. Thank you for raising such an amazing daughter!

    Laura Dickison

    ReplyDelete