Called to Serve in the Philippines Quezon City Mission
Speaking the Tagalog language
January 2013 to July 2014

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

I'm doing fine and am getting better everyday and I am really happy that I get to stay here in Cainta.

Kamusta ang Pamilya ko at mga Kaibigan ko!

Naynay Ramana Getting baptized Friday She is 92!
 
 Shyla and me, she is getting baptized on Friday too!
 
 This is our area all to the left of the water. The housing is called "squatters" but I find this picture beautiful.
My area on the river. It's so pretty.
 
 This is my view from doing splits with another sister this week. So pretty.


Thank You everyone for your thoughts and prayers, I feel so loved and cared for:) I'm doing fine now! Actually my dengue ended up being a minor case, I didn't really get rashes per say  I just got really red all over on and off which the doctor told me that might happen too.  Thankfully I've been out working for the past 3 days.  I'm still a little weak sometimes and have to rest before we go out but other than that I am just fine:) 

Also Transfer Day is tomorrow (it went by so fast!) I feel like I just got here and became companions with Sister Campbell, but now she's leaving me to go serve in one of my past areas for her last 6 weeks in the Philippines and I'm getting a new companion.  Her name is Sister Maagad, finally I get a native Filipino again! It has been 9 months  so I'm pretty excited for this upcoming transfer and I'm praying that I have good health for the rest of my mission.  I hated staying inside for so long, I felt so useless, and I missed teaching and bearing my testimony.  Hopefully I'll be nice and healthy for the last 5 months:) 

I am really happy that I get to stay here in Cainta, To be honest it's probably one of my favorite areas. There are so many people here and always somewhere to go or people to teach and visit.  The Bishop is  wonderful and really involved in the Missionary work, and the members are great I just love them! Maybe I'll get to stay here till the end.  We have two baptisms this weekend.  Both Shyla and Nanay Romana had their baptismal interviewers and they passed so they will be baptized this Friday!  Nanay Romana will be the first investigator that I've taught from the very beginning and will get to see her be baptized! Yay:) Her children are so excited they have been waiting for years and years for her to accept the gospel.  I feel really blessed to be a part of this:)  and Shyla...well long story short, she was baptized when she was 13 years old but for some reason the church has no record of it.  She has pictures and things of the day but that's it.  So she needs to be baptized again so that the church has the records.  She's excited to have her records in the church because she has hopes to one day serve a mission, it's been a blessing to have gotten to know her, she's such a sweet spirit.  The missionaries are basically her family, she's had a real tough family life and has no support from her family.  She's the only one who is a member in her family and is alone here in the city working as a nanny here in our apartment complex. (She is a transplant from Tacloban the area hit by the Typhoon) She works with the missionaries every weekend and has one of the strongest testimonies of the gospel.  She's one of my favorite people in my mission:)  

I'm also excited that I'm still an STL this transfer, maraming pang opportunity's to help and give aide to the sisters.  It's truly been a blessing to have opportunities to work in their areas and help them find new investigators and give advice.  I also love working with the other leaders in the mission and working close with President and Sister Revillo.  It's truly been a growing experience for me and I look forward to even more this transfer with my new companion and the new sisters who have transferred into my route.  I love being a missionary, and I just love that I still have a while till I leave.  Still so many people to help, and I don't want it to end, there is still so much work to do.

Well Fam I love you guys and thanks again for all your prayers:) I'm doing fine and am getting better everyday.  Please stay safe and continue to look for opportunities to share the gospel and serve others:) also I loved hearing about your experience at the new Gilbert Temple, I can't wait to see it in person and go inside! It looks beautiful in the pictures....I love temples! and I love that we are so blessed to have so many in Arizona:) 

love you guys! 

Love Always, Sister Ammah Jones   

No comments:

Post a Comment