Called to Serve in the Philippines Quezon City Mission
Speaking the Tagalog language
January 2013 to July 2014

Friday, April 25, 2014

Love Always, Sister Ammah Jones April 21st

Magandang Hapon! 
 
My name in the surf again, this picture is a little better than the last one I sent you. 

From our zone activity earlier.  Me and Elder Robison, he is my zone leader.  We were together in the mtc and we've been in the same district for the past 3 transfers so were good buddies now ha He's the one that gave me a blessing when I had Dengue Fever. 
 
I've really enjoyed the updates on the fam, Easter sounded great and loved the videos of the girls coloring eggs.  This was my second Easter here in the Philippines and again...uneventful.  But to try to make sacrament meeting a little more special, 4 of us missionaries sang "come unto Christ" and I hope those who came to church felt the spirit of Easter...I just love that song.  I hear the girls have their dance concerts this week....shout out to the girls -good luck:) and break a leg;) I'll be thinking of you- Andelyn enjoy it, it's your last one! buy me a dvd haha-  and...Easter pageant has come to a close now...so sad, but sounds like you guys had a great year and lots of great memories. So proud of you guys and I so wish I could have seen dad perform his part as Peter, I know he did a great job.  
Well another 6 weeks has come and past so we are having transfers again.  They called us this morning and let us know that I'll be staying here in Mindoro for at least another 6 weeks but Sister Acostan will be transferring and I'll get a new companion tomorrow.  Her name is Sister Monticalbo, she is Filipino, 24 yrs old, about 5 months into her mission.  I've met her once before and she seems really sweet, I'm excited for what this transfer has in store for us.  The area is doing great, we have 11 investigators we are preparing for baptism.  I just love them all, and just desire so much that they continue to accept this wonderful message and keep their commitments.  The Absalon family (3 blind mice) are doing great, the boys are struggling a bit with some commitments but the Father is really progressing.  He has been coming to church every Sunday, He loved General Conference and told us all about his favorite talks, we gave him some old Liahona Magazines and he's just eating it up,  and he's been following the Word of Wisdom.  He might end up being the first one baptized and be the example for the rest of his family.  It would be so special too if he could be the one to baptize them all in the future when he gets the priesthood, ahhh i can just imagine it:) We also have an older Tatay that we are teaching, he is 74 years old and has been Catholic all his life.  His wife died many years ago and we found him on the street and started talking to him and he was really interested in the fact that families can be together forever.  He's been taught by lots of different kind of missionaries in the past, but he told us that he really loves us coming to teach him and would miss us if we stopped coming by, we are trying to help him recognize the feelings of the spirit and find answers to his prayers to feel the truth for himself of what we have been teaching him.  
 
I've been continuing my study of the New Testament and just want to share a thought from my personal study this past week.  Luke 12:30-31- "For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things. But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you."  This verse is also repeated in the Book of Mormon by the Savior during his visit to the ancient Americas.  it hit me a little harder than usual this week for some reason.  it just made me think of all the people i've taught during my mission that chose not to act upon the things we were teaching or the members who were just "too busy" to come to church or read the scriptures.  It's so clear, "Seek 1st the kingdom of God......" and then he will provide the other things that we need and will give us blessings.  We just have to decide...to put the gospel first in our lives...and have faith in Heavenly Father that he will provide for us. those who are not willing to sacrifice the things of the world, or their time etc.. do not understand the lords promise or don't have faith that he will follow through.  like it says in Doctrine and Covenants 81:10- "I, the lord, am bound when ye do what i say; but when ye do not what I say, ye have no promise" If we are living the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the lord will keep his promises and bless us. this includes attending church, fulfilling callings, reading scriptures, personal and family prayer, tithing, etc..  and I know that is true.   I've seen many blessings in my life, even when things are hard and we are having tribulations and feeling sorrow, if we continue to be obedient their will always be blessings there. We just need to open our eyes.  
 
I love you guys, have a wonderful week! stay safe.
Love Always, Sister Ammah Jones  


No comments:

Post a Comment