Called to Serve in the Philippines Quezon City Mission
Speaking the Tagalog language
January 2013 to July 2014

Sunday, December 1, 2013

we've had people literally walk up to us and ask us to please come teach their families and help them have a better life.

Hi Fam:)

ahh sounds like thanksgiving at the beards was great:) I couldn't open some of the pictures but I'm sure they were cute hehe.  
 
This past week has been great, we worked really hard and our numbers showed it.  They were the best we've had all transfer!  We found 22 new investigators this week, in my last letter I said that 20 might happen and we even got 2 more than we thought!! The lord has really been blessing us for opening our mouths and teaching the restored gospel.  Some of it hasn't even been from our own efforts, we've had people literally walk up to us and ask us to please come teach their families and help them have a better life.  ummm...Yah of course!
It feels so good to help people and teach them about our Savior Jesus Christ.  It brings me so much joy and I love feeling so tired and worn out at the end of the day because I know that we worked hard and are doing what the lord would have us do.  This Sunday was also a good one, we had a few investigators come to church, and tons of our more less-active members attended as well, we were so proud:) One of these families is the Lopez family, and I just love them.  We teach the grandparents and all their grandchildren once a week.  They officially are considered active now cause they've come 4 weeks in a row to church.. Yay:) one of the grandkids is my absolute favorite he is 2 years old and his name is Patrick.  He shakes our hands about 10 times each visit he just loves when we come over.  I have a picture of him and his older brother Jef (10yr)  with little plastic piggy banks they are using to put in extra pesos to save up for their missions one day.  Sister Dickison and I donated a few pesos to add to their banks.  They are darling! one day I'll be able to send you the picture when I get my camera card fixed:(
Me and Sister Dickison wished each other Happy Thanksgiving on Thursday and than studied and went to work but on Saturday we went to a birthday party of the anak of our less actives and got stuffed so I guess we will count that as our Thanksgiving dinner ha!.
Also I got to have dinner at Grandma's yesterday......my mission Grandmother! Her name is Karen she was actually the Trainer of my trainer  S. Sabiano so that is why she is my G-ma, she just got married in July and lives with her husband Gilbert in our ward and they are so awesome and feed us every Sunday night.  
 
This past week in my personal studies I've read a lot of talks and scriptures about our Heavenly Father and how great his plan is for us and how well he knows each of his children so well.  It's so amazing that the most powerful being in the universe knows us each by name and has a perfect plan for each one of us.  How Grateful I am for the knowledge that I am a daughter of God, and that I am not forgotten.  Throughout my mission I have felt his guidance and influence so strongly, and my mission has helped my relationship with him grow.  Multiple times each day we are on our knees pleading with him to help us and guide us in his work.  And through that...I've learned to trust in him more...and have more faith in his plan and in his timing.  Jesus taught that the first and great commandment is to love God with all our hearts, if we love him...we will WANT to return to him and that makes us WANT to keep all his commandments.  And has great things in store for those that love him and keep his commandments.  One of my favorite scriptures lately has been in 1 Corinthians 2:9-  "Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither has entered into the heart of man, the things which the lord hath prepared for them that love him"  We cannot imagine what is waiting for us, but when we understand and study more about who God is...the more we love him...and the more we love him..the more obedient we are to his commandments...and if we are obedient in this life we will receive Eternal Life..that is his promise to us.  

I love you all so much:) Please be safe and be good;) Ingat kayo! 

Love, Sister Ammah Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment