Called to Serve in the Philippines Quezon City Mission
Speaking the Tagalog language
January 2013 to July 2014

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

my heart just dropped than he says "because guess where you are going.?."

Sister Magaad and I. I'm going to miss her a ton.
Subject: Weekly Email 03/11/14
Magandang Umaga po Sa inyo lahat:)

Man so much has happened this week on both sides. Andelyn getting her wisdom teeth out (don't worry it gets better Sis:) and all the busy stuff you guys are all doing.
Well This transfer announcements are one of the most shocking I must say ha-ha. I got a call yesterday from the Assistant to the President, he says "Sister Jones how are you liking being an STL?" I say "It's great! I love it!" he says "well...you actually are now being released as STL"  my heart just dropped than he says "because guess where you are going.?." I'm like whaaa?? (there is only one place in the mission where it's impossible to be an STL because it's so far away.....the island of Mindoro)....so I say "Mindoro?"   " yes Sister Jones, you are getting transferred to the island of MINDORO!".... basically it's the last thing that I thought would EVER happen.  There are only a few sisters who get to serve in Mindoro, they only have 4 sisters over there! I never thought I would be one of them ha.....I'm kind of still in shock I really don't know what to think....I'm not gonna be a city girl anymore I'll be in the REAL jungle. But I'm excited for what is ahead of me. I'm a little nervous about going to there to be honest, it's very different from where I've served in the past and it will definitely be something new. But I know that I'm needed there to serve the Lord and I'll go where he wants me to go. Even if it means getting released as STL.  When I got off the phone I just started crying, I really hope that I was able to do what Heavenly Father wanted me to do with this calling. I'm sad to be released, I will really miss the Sisters but I'm glad I had the opportunity to be a part of their missions and hopefully be a good example to them.
It's gonna be hard to leave this area, I have  fallen in love with the members and the investigators here. Just this past week we have had a lot of them really progressing and extending more baptismal dates to them all. The area is  progressing and our investigator Marisel will be getting married and baptized in a few weeks. It's so great and I'm actually glad to leave it like this. I'm proud of the work we've done here, we worked hard to keep up the area even though our time was limited. It is a great area with so much potential. It's probably been one of my favorite areas. I have also really enjoyed being companions with Sister Maagad. She is  humble and patient and teaches with such a great spirit. I have learned many things from her this transfer, and it was great fun to travel around together working with the other Sisters. 
We also had mission tour this past week. Our mission was visited by Elder  Larry J. Echo hawk of the Quorum of the Seventy, he came to observe our mission and give instruction to us from the First Presidency.  It was amazing to hear from him, he spoke a lot about his experiences with the Prophet Thomas S. Monson and about the organization of the quorums in the church and how church leaders are called like our Mission President.  My testimony of the organization of the church was strengthened and I felt the spirit so strong testify to me that this truly is Jesus Christ's Church restored to the earth and that we have a living prophet.  Elder Echo Hawk loves to tell stories and I wish I could write you them all right now ha-ha but that would take forever. He was just so awesome and so was his wife.  She radiated with the Spirit and her testimony is so strong, I want to be a woman like her someday...
Well Tomorrow I will be on a plane flying to Mindoro to serve there with my new companion Sister Acostan, She is also Filipino she's been out for about 8 months in the mission.  And my anak Sister Ika will be there and she is training a newbie so I'm going to have a granddaughter in the mission hehe yay!
File:Beach North Mindoro Philippines.jpg
 
The economy of Mindoro is largely based on agriculture. Products consist of a wide variety of fruits, such as citrus, bananas, lanzones, rambutan, and coconuts, such cereals as rice and maize, sugar cane, peanuts, fish (catfish, milkfish, tilapia), livestock, and poultry. Logging and the mining of marble and copper also thrive.
Tourism is a lucrative business as well, with locations such as Apo Reef National Park, Lubang Island, Puerto Galera, Sabang Beach, and Mount Halcon. Puerto Galera's beaches are the island's most known tourist attraction and are widely visited.

Family, thank you for your prayers...I really feel peace and comfort and I'm able to be focused on my mission.  I'm just so grateful for you:)  enjoy the pictures, I sent A LOT ha-ha your welcome mom ;)
love you all!
-Sister Ammah Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment